Fit and well for work means being at work and performing a job. Anything that causes a change to this health status – like lost time, injury, absenteeism, and presenteeism if not managed – will affect the employee and the organisation, both short and long term
To effectively and proactively manage health at work is to detect changes, knowing & preventing the risk to health and capacity. BHS has a range of programmes, from wellness to injury management and rehabilitation.
At BHS we recognise the need for a cultural shift from the current reactive approach to a more proactive wellness approach; we also know that wellness and being fit for work can be complex and is often about behaviour, and that effects culture. Providing meaningful programmes for a business and its employees is critical for a positive culture. Surveying to determine workplace health for your people and providing targeted interventions is critical for wellness success.
Reducing health risks and enabling people to be fit for work.
- On site wellness programmes covering Biometric testing e.g. cholesterol/glucose testing, blood pressure, BMI / waist measurement, heart risk assessments, lifestyle risk screening, and individual and personalised assessments
- Work / life balance programme – one-on-one or group programmes to help people get on track in practical, down-to-earth ways covering nutrition, exercise and how to enjoy good health.
- Specific programmes – fatigue management, shift management and stress management
Health promotion sessions range from health subjects to lifestyle to ….
- Health coaching – helping your staff through health issues.
- Work / life balance programme, lifestyle screening, blood tests, surveys.
There are a number of other significant benefits that a healthy workforce can bring. By encouraging and promoting a healthy workforce, you can improve:
- Business performance
- Staff morale
- Employee engagement
- Accidents and work-related ill health
- Sick pay costs
- Insurance costs
- Pressure on employees covering for those who are absent