Managing occupational health includes meeting the health monitoring requirements under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and Health and Safety at Work (General Risk Workplace Management) Regulations 2016 and being a safe and healthy business – it just makes good sense.
The critical points to this are the identification of occupational health hazards and what occupational health management and monitoring is required. BHS will establish a system of hazard risk assessment of workplace hazards (HHRA) and provide your business with a tailored programme so your occupational health is robust, compliant and, most importantly, your workplace is healthier.
We bring experience, expertise and a systematic approach and have a passionate team to achieve this.
We will come to your site and provide all required screening equipment.
Setting up of the appointment is easy by using our online services, or we can assist you with scheduling.
Full report back process and ongoing data management with a comprehensive report on all results is provided including analysis with any recommendations for further action and to ensure any Worksafe and ACC compliance needs are meet. This report information will also link back to the Hazard Register system including compliance with the Privacy Act and Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
Full range of occupational health assessments including specific workplace hazards –e.g. working in heat and cold, out door work, shift work, fatigue management.
- Hearing tests
- Lung function tests
- Vision tests
- Musculoskeletal assessments
- Occupational questionnaire & current health status
- Pre-employment, job transfer and exit occupational health assessments
- Physical assessment including blood pressure BMI
- Forkhoist driver and warehouse workers assessments
- Epworth sleepiness scale
- Kessler patient health psychology distress scale (K10)
- Fatigue assessment
- Chemical screening and health assessments
- Biological testing e.g. blood and urine tests
- Skin assessments for UV exposure, skin sensitizers and irritants
- Second opinions and medical reviews on work/non-work related health conditions
- Immunisation programmes, flu vaccine, hep A & B, polio, tetanus
- Approved Immunisation programme under the Ministry of Health
If medical or occupational medical specialist review is required we can arrange for this, including liaising with the person’s GP and other involved health professionals.
Each person tested is required to sign informed consent to undergo health monitoring and for any release of work related only information to the employer.
This is standard practice, as required by the Health Safety at Work Act 2015, Privacy Act 1993 & Health Information Privacy Code 1994.